Tuesday 22 September 2009

Trying the outfit



Well, here's me....

All kitted out and ready to go. Here's the lowdown on the gear: -
  1. 1. Helly Hanson shorts.
  2. 2. Brooks lightweight jacket (pretty cool actually!)
  3. 3. Nathan Rehydration pack (minus drinks pouch - don't get on with it - gonna take a bottle.
  4. 4. Some anti-blister socks (name escapes me).
  5. 5. Garmin Forerunner 405 watch (best toy I've had for ages!)
  6. 6. Most importantly my wheels - Salomon XT Wings off-roaders.

Also taking spares of everything - most important are my New Balance trainers which offer a bit of multi-terrain action especially if the day involves a bit of concrete/tarmac.

So, that's me in a nutshell. Now, the list of required items I mentioned (and there was me thinking I was running with nothing but the wind in my hair!)

1. Useful numbers, checkpoint timings and lost procedure.
2. Issued maps for the day.
3. Whistle.
4. Compass.
5. Waterproof top.
6. Gloves (waterproofed in a sealable bag).
7. Hat (waterproofed in a sealable bag).
8. Chocolate bar.
9. Torch with spare batteries.
10.More than 400ml of drink.
11. Lightweight piece of warm clothing (waterproofed).
12. Mobile phone.
13. Note pad and pencil with name and mobile number (waterproofed).

Sheesh!

For a starters I'll make sure that I consume the chocolate and drink within the first 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment