Friday 18 September 2009

And the point of all this is.....

Thought I'd roll up my techno sleeves and make an attempt at journal of my new challenge.

As some of you already know I am participating in the ‘Atlantic Coast Challenge’ from 25th to 27th September. It is an ultra-endurance running event held over three days, covering a distance of 78.6 miles. That’s three marathons, in three days. Wild and rugged, steep climbs and descents that test concentration as well as strength (and sanity). The course follows the South West Coast path for the entire distance.

Myself and my mate Alex (Ellie's Godfather) are running in aid of Ataxia UK. Ataxia is a type of neurological condition that affects balance, speech, and co-ordination. Ataxia is progressive, meaning it gets worse with time, until people become entirely dependent on others for all their needs. Ataxia UK supports all people affected by ataxia; people with the condition, their families, carers and friends. Ataxia UK fund research into developing safe, effective treatments with the ultimate goal to find a cure. For more information their website can be accessed via the following link
http://www.ataxia.org.uk/

For all you generous people who would like to support me in my quest, please visit my Justgiving website at
http://www.justgiving.com/GazAtlanticCoastChallenge/

I hope you find this journey as entertaining as I will inevitably find challenging.

Gaz

No comments:

Post a Comment