Monday 5 July 2010

Perfect Company for a Half

A half marathon training run was the order of a beautiful Sunday morning! My folks were staying for the weekend and were only too eager to look after the kids whilst Ellen jumped on her bike and joined me for the full distance (and impressive she was too!)

With the company came the ability to carry my water, and for the majority of the run my t-shirt too, and it felt fantastic to run unhindered.

For a 09:30 start it was surprising to see so many cyclists and horse riders out and about on a route where you can run for miles and miles without generally seeing anyone.

Anyway, it was a slow one, mainly due to the heat and being tired from a weekend full of nights out and gardening but I managed to shift my arse around averaging 8:55 minute miles; slow but pleasantly satisfying!

No comments:

Post a Comment